Nearby Nature our online publication holds a treasure trove of natural science lessons and explorations designed to get children and adults outside learning together in every season.
- Nature Program Volunteer Information Packet
- Fundraising Suggestions
- Volunteer Recruitment Flier
- Classroom and Teacher Feedback for Volunteers
Everything you need to get the most from having The Nature Program at your school.
Submit a new place-based science Teaching Unit to share with our teacher community!
Find the resources you need to incorporate nature more fully into your curriculum and classroom.
Environmental Education Links
- Natural History Network
- New England Environmental Education Alliance (NEEEA)
- Northern Forest Atlas
Resources for Communities
Environmental Literacy for Vermont
Four Winds and Vermont SWEEP partnered to create a Roadmap to Environmental Literacy, a look at the wonderful environmental/sustainability education work happening in communities around the state right now plus suggestions for how to engage more people and more communities in this work. Those involved recognized that achieving environmental literacy is a community-wide effort.
- Environmental Education and the Common Core – English, Language Arts
- Environmental Education and the Common Core – Math
- Environmental Literacy and the Next Generation Science Standards
- Environmental Literacy for Vermont
- Vermont State-Wide Environmental Education Programs (VT SWEEP)
Contact Jen Brown for more information.
This project was funded by a grant from the Canaday Family Charitable Trust.
Professional Learning Communities (PLCs)
Four Winds’ Authentic Nature Play and Learning PLCs support teachers as leaders, leverage local resources and community connections, and make lasting changes in teaching practice. Join a PLC in your area!
- Brattleboro VT Area PLC
- Plainfield NH Area PLC
- St. Johnsbury VT Area PLC