March 15, 2020
Dear Four Winds volunteers, teachers, friends:
With schools around the region now closing for a stretch of time, all our Four Winds Nature Program workshops are postponed until schools are back in session. We will work with our Nature Program coordinators to reschedule workshops as soon as possible this spring.
Likewise, all our early childhood nature-based education professional learning communities (PLCs) and K-12 teacher professional development sessions are on hold until further notice.
We understand the challenges these school and child care center closures pose for families, not to mention the changes in everyone’s work life and daily routines. Our hearts go out to all.
We thought it might be helpful to have some things to do together as a family outdoors in nearby nature, while we are social distancing as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control. A Month of Exploring Nearby Nature for Families is a month’s worth of ideas for adults to do with children. We’ll post more and share photographs via social media throughout the month.
With best wishes from all of us at Four Winds,
Emily, Chris, Deb, Susan, Becky, Mike, Elly, Joanne, Hilary, Lisa
We encourage our staff and volunteers to do our part to keep the community healthy and safe:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Stay home when you are sick, and seek medical care as needed.
More information is available on the following websites: