Four Winds Nature Institute is a non-profit organization advancing the understanding, appreciation and protection of the environment through community-based natural science education and research. Four Winds staff members are educators and scientists dedicated to helping children and adults gain the knowledge and science skills needed to understand the world around them and the creative problem-solving and citizenship skills needed to protect it. Our programs encourage folks to learn about and explore nearby nature, connecting people to the natural world right in their own community.
We believe people long for a healthy connection to the environment to each other. Four Winds’s community-based education programs bring children and adults together to explore the natural world. Through these programs, we are helping people of all ages make meaningful connections to nature. It is these connections that will nurture and fuel us all as we work together to address the increasingly complex environmental issues ahead of us.
- The Nature Program
- Knee High Nature
- K-12 Teacher Professional Development
- 2017-18 Nature Program Enrollment form
- 2017-18 Nature Based Play and Science Education Professional Learning Community in Southern Vermont
- 2017-18 Nature-Based Play and Science PLC in Plainfield NH
- Our Online Book – NEARBY NATURE!
- 10th Anniversary Photo Contest results
- This Month’s Workshops
- Next Generation Science Standards and CCSS Alignment Overview
- NGSS Samples: Teacher Resource Page and Volunteer Teaching Outline
- Meeting with Classroom Teacher
- 17 Schoolyard Habitat Grant Application
- Opening the Door to Discovery in Nature
Four Winds is a non-profit, 501 c 3 organization and your donations are tax deductible as a charitable contribution.
Contributions may be sent to: Four Winds Nature Institute, 4 Casey Rd., Chittenden, VT 05737 or you may choose to donate through PayPal by clicking the “Donate” button.